- Knead the fondant to make it soft and pliable. It should be 10 balls in total for the three layered rose, one of which needs to be rolled into a one inch sausage on the palm of your hand. The balls should be 1 cm in diameter.
- Press the balls flat on one side only, creating a gentle gradient from the thickest side to the thinnest. Do the same with the sausage of fondant, smoothing down the longest edge.
- Carefully remove all the petals from the plastic wallet.
- Place the sausage of fondant on your forefinger, with the thick end at the bottom and the thinnest edge facing up. Roll closed and pick up your first petal.
- Place this thick end towards the floor and thin end pointing up, behind the bud and leave the right hand flap of the petal open.
- Slot the next petal inside this flap and repeat until you have three petals in place. Use the next three petals to make the second layer in exactly the same way and the final three petals to make the third layer to your rose.
- Gently tease the petals outwards to make the rose ‘bloom’.
- Take a palette knife and cut the excess fondant from the bottom.
- Place your finished rose on top of an iced cake.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️
One thought on “Fondant Rose”
[…] 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/2 cup coco powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup thick dahi (fresh yogurt) 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup oil (vegetable/canola/olive) 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon vanilla essence 1/4 cup hot water For Garnishing: Truffle / Ganache (for ganache recipe click the link: How to make Chocolate Ganache (Truffle)) Fondant Rose (for Fondant Rose recipe click the link: Fondant Rose) […]