Gram flour (besan) 2 cup
Yogurt,whisked 1 cup
Salt to taste
Green chillies 2-3
Turmeric powder1/2 teaspooo
Oil 2 tablespoon
Soda bicarbonate 1 teaspoon1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves,chopped
- Take gram flour in a bowl. Add yogurt and warm water and whisk well so that there are no lumps. The mixture should be of a slightly thick consistency.
- Add salt and leave it covered to ferment for three to four hours.
- Grind green chillies and ginger into a paste.
- When gram flour mixture has fermented, add turmeric powder and green chilli ginger paste.
- Adjust seasoning and mix well. Heat the steamer.
- Grease a dhokla mould or shallow cake tin or a thali.
- In a small bowl take soda bicarbonate, one teaspoon oil and lemon juice.
- Mix and add to the gram flour mixture and whisk briskly. Pour batter into the greased thali and place it in the steamer.
- Cover with the lid and steam for ten to twelve minutes.
- When a little cool, cut into squares and keep in a serving bowl/plate.
- Heat remaining oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds
- When the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves and coconut.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️