Malai 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Refined flour (maida) 2cups
Milk powder 1 cup
Baking soda a 3/4spoon
Baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Milk 1 cup
Vanila essence 1/2 tsp
lemon juice 1 tsp
1and 1/2tsp curd
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.Combine the malai and sugar lemon juice and curd in a bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve 2-3 times and keep aside.
- Add the milk and milk powder and maida mixture to the malai gradually and keep stirring.
- Gradually and alternatively finish the mixture and keep stirring. The mixture should be of the pouring consistency.
- Now add the vanilla essence and lightly stir again once.
- Grease the cake mould and sprinkle little maida into it.
- Pour the batter into it and bake in a pre-heated cooker or oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut into slices (for cup cakes baking time is 20 to 25 minute at 180°C)
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️
11 thoughts on “Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake”
What is malai?
Malai is an Indian cooking ingredient. It is made by heating non-homogenized whole milk to about 80°C for about one hour and then allowing to cool. A thick yellowish layer of fat and coagulated proteins forms on the surface, which is skimmed off.
[…] First you bake a basic cake. I baked vanilla cake (Recipe link: Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake). […]
[…] I made an Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake. For recipe, click on this link: Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake […]
[…] cake (I made eggless malai vanilla cake, for recipe click on this link: Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake) White fondant Red fondant Quilting tool to create stitch marks Pizza cutter Knife Tissue paper […]
[…] Eggless Vanilla Cake Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake […]
[…] For different basic cake recipes, click on the links: Eggless Vanilla Cake or Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake […]
[…] used the Eggless malai vanilla cake Recipe here…Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake. Cut with the help of cookie […]
Can u give the measurements in GRAms
[…] 1 ½ cups whipped cream 10 Oreo cookies crushed fresh mint/herbs or edible flowers for garnish paper cups 6 Please note – Thicker cups will keep iced desserts cooler for longer. 1cup dark chocolate vanilla cake here’s the recipe link.Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake […]
[…] I used simple vanilla cake for recipe click the link for recipeEggless Malai Vanilla Cake […]