Instead of presenting your loved one with store-bought chocolates for a special occasion, why don’t you make him or her some original treats? Chocolate is actually quite simple to make at home, and you can customize them to create unique flavor combinations.
2 Cup chopped chocolate bars or chips
Optional mix-ins like nuts, dried fruit or shredded coconut
- Choose chocolate to use. Any type of solid chocolate bar or chocolate chips will work using this technique. Choose milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate to make into candies.
- Melt the chocolate. Place it in a microwave safe bowl and put it in the microwave. Cook it on high for 30 seconds, then open the microwave and stir the chocolate. Cook it for another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted.
- You can mix in chopped nuts, shredded coconut, dried fruit pieces, or other mix-ins to customize your chocolate.
- Add a few drops of peppermint extract if you want to make mint chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into molds. While it’s still hot, pour the melted chocolate into individual candy molds. Molds come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and can be found at kitchen supply stores. Fill the molds to their rims. If necessary, use the back of a spoon to smooth the chocolate into the corners.
- To help the chocolate settle, you can lift it a few inches above the counter and let it drop. This removes air bubbles and smooths out the chocolate.
- To make filled chocolates, fill the molds halfway, then spoon a bit of Nuts , Jam , or another filling in the center of the chocolate. Pour more chocolate on top of the filling to fill the mold to the top.
- Let the chocolates cool. Leave them on the counter to harden or put them in the refrigerator. Let them get completely cool before you try to take them out of the molds.
- Remove the chocolates from the molds. Carefully pop them out of the molds. Eat them right away or wrap them in chocolate wrappers to give as gifts.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️