1½ cup oats
4 potatoes – boiled & grated
1 onion – finely chopped, 2 tbsp oil
1 carrot – grated
10-12 french beans – chopped or
1 capsicum – chopped
1½ tsp salt or to taste, ½ tsp oregano
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp red chilli flakes or powder
5-6 tbsp thick curd
3 fresh burger buns or bread slices
a few lettuce or cabbage leaves – remove
hard stem & tear into 1″ pieces
a few tomato slices
- For the patty (tikki), heat 2 tbsp oil, add onion, cook till onion turns golden.
- Add 1 cup oats. Cook for 1 minute.
- Keep the remaining ½ cup oats aside.
- Add carrots and beans or capsicum, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, oregano, pepper and red chilli flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled and grated potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire. Check seasonings.
- Make balls and shape into round patties (tikki).
- Spread the remaining ½ cup oats in a plate.
- Take a flat bowl with some water, dip the tikki in water for a second to wet it and then immediately press on ½ cup oats spread in a plate.
- Turn sides to coat tikki properly.
- Keep in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- To assemble, shallow fry tikkis in 2-3 tbsp oil in a non stick pan, tillbrown and crisp. Keep aside.
- Cut the buns into half, saute in a little oil or butter in the pan. Keep pressing the buns or bread lightly till soft. Remove from pan.
- To assemble, spread curd on a bun, place a few pieces of cabbage or lettuce leaves. Place a hot tikki on it and then spread some curd.
- Arrange a slice of tomato. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper dot with a tsp curd and serve hot.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.