Khandvi is Gujarati delicacy made using Gram Flour / Chickpea Powder and flavored with tempering of pungent mustard, spicy green chillies, coconut and aromatic coriander leaves.
1 cup curd / dahi
1 cup water
A big pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
A big pinch of Turmeric Powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Mustard Seeds / rai / sarson
1 tsp sesame seeds / til
2-3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Coconut grates
1-2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp Oil
- Take gram flour, turmeric powder, hing and salt to taste in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.
- Add curd and water to the mixture and mix well with a spatula taking care that no lumps is formed.
- The batter should be thin and flowing without any lumps.
- Place the bowl in a microwave and cook at high speed for 5 minutes. Stir and remove lumps after every 1 minute.
- Spread silver foil and don’t grease with oil. Spread the thick batter quickly on the silver foil.
- Spread it as thinly as possible. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes. Then slice them with knife into 2 inch long stripes and roll each stripe neatly.
- Place each rolls in a serving dish.F or tempering, heat oil in another microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes. Then and add mustard seeds, chopped green chillies and wait for few seconds.
- Spread the tempering evenly over rolled Khandvi.
- Serve them immediately and garnished with coconut grates and chopped coriander leaves and enjoy.
- You can stuffed green chutney or lahsun chutney in khandvi roll.
- While preparing the batter make it lump free as it will help you to evenly spread.
- Spread the batter quickly, it is important to spread the batter before it cools down and it is difficult to spread cooled batter thinly and evenly.
- Batter can also be spread at the back of steel plates.
- Perfect Measurements are the key to make proper khandvi.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.