CORN (I USED FRESH) 1 CUP
ALL PURPOSE FLOUR /MAIDA 3 TBLSP
GREEN CHILLI 1
RED CHILLI POWDER 1/2 TSP
MILK 1/4 CUP
CHEESE(I USED MOZZARELLA) 6-7 TBLSP
OIL FOR DEEP FRYING
SALT AS NEEDED
BREAD CRUMBS AS NEEDED
- Boil the frozen corn for 5 minutes in water and completely drain the water.
- If using fresh corn pressure cook it and take out the kernels.
- Pat the corn with a kitchen towel to take out the extra moisture.
- Just pulse the corn in the mixer once. Do not make it a paste.
- In a wide bowl add the mashed corn, cheese, maida all purpose flour, finely chopped green chilli, red chilli powder, and salt.
- Mix well to get the spices mix evenly.
- Make this mixture into small balls and keep it in a plate.
- Take milk in a small bowl. Keep the bread crumbs in a wide plate.
- Dip the balls in milk.
- Immediately roll them onto the bread crumbs nicely. Repeat this for all the balls.
- When done cover this with a cling wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil for deep frying. when hot, bring it to medium flame.
- Slowly place the balls one by one and deep fry them till golden brown.
- Drain excess oil in kitchen towel.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the balls.
Crispy corn cheese balls are ready. Enjoy with hot cup of tea.
- Always ensure the water in the corn is moist free before making balls.
- You can make this in the morning and keep it in the refrigerator and can fry just before serving.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.