1 cup sabudana or tapioca pearls
2 small to medium size potatoes / aloo
½ cup roasted peanuts / moongphali
8-10 curry leaves / kadi patta (optional)
1 tsp grated ginger / adrak (optional)
1 green chili / hari mirch, chopped
1 tsp cumin / jeera
¼ cup grated fresh coconut (optional)
½ to 1 tsp sugar or as required
½ to 1 tsp lemon juice or as required (optional)
2 tbsp oil
rock salt as required
- Soak sabudana overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- Next day drain the sabudana very well and keep aside in a bowl.
- Boil the potatoes and when warm peel and chop them.
- In a pan dry roast the peanuts till browned and when cooled make a coarse powder in a mortar-pestle or in a dry grinder.
- Mix the coarsely powdered peanuts, salt and sugar with the drained sabudana.
- Now heat oil. Fry the cumin first till they crackle and get browned.
- Now add the curry leaves and green chilies. Fry for half a minute and then add the grated ginger.
- Stir till the raw smell of the ginger goes away.
- Now add potato and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sabudana. Keep on stirring the mixture.
- When the sabudana looses their opaqueness and starts becoming translucent they are cooked.
- Don’t over cook as they might become lumpy and hard.
- Lastly add grated coconut. Mix well. Close the fire.
- While serving garnish sabudana khichdi with coriander leaves, apple and pomogranate and drizzle with some lemon juice.
- Serve sabudana khichdi hot.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️