- Take your leveled round cake and cut off about 2″ of the “bottom.
- Add a thin coat cream and place the small piece of cardboard at the bottom.
- Place the cake on a piece of parchment paper and crumb coat the whole cake with cream.
- Then place the cake in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes for the cream to set.
- Smooth the cream with the angled spatula that have been dipped in hot water. Place it in the refrigerator for about 8-10 minutes.
- Roll out some fondant (any color you like) on a lightly dusted surface to about 4mm thickness. It should be large enough to cover one side of the purse cake.
- Apply the fondant and smooth it with a cake smoother.
- Carefully trim off any excess fondant using a sharp knife . Repeat for the other side of the cake.
- Use a long strip of fondant to make the handle and let it dry for 4 hours and then use.
- Decorate the cake with fondant flower and bow.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️