Dishes prepared from Til (sesame seeds) provide heat and energy to the body which are both necessary to beat the cold in January.
Til (sesame seeds) – 500 grams/4 cup
Gur (jaggery) – 500 grams
Ghee – 2 tsp
1 tblsp malai
- Clean the sesame seeds properly.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan (kadhai) on a medium flame, while stirring continuously roast sesame seeds till they turn light brown (if you crush it with hands seed should turn to powder). Do keep in mind not burn sesame seeds as they tend to burn instantly giving them a bitter taste.
- Take out the roasted sesame seeds and grind lightly or put it in a mixer and make it a coarse powder.
- Break off Gur into small pieces.
- Pour 1 spoon Ghee in a pan and heat.
- Now melt Gur on a low flame, turn off the instant Gur melts.
- Put the crushed roasted sesame seeds in the melted Gur and mix well. Switch off the gas and put malai in this mixture.
- Apply Ghee on thali and pour the mixture …spread evenly.
- Cut it when little warm.
- You can decorate your barfi with chopped almonds.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️