2 cups all purpose flour / maida
2 medium size beetroot
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup oil ( I used olive oil )
1 cup milkpinch of salt
- Wash the beetroot thoroughly and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until its tender. Once it cools remove the skin and make a smooth puree and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Sieve the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder) for 3 times. Grind the sugar to fine powder if the sugar granules are big.
- Mix the beetroot puree and sugar in a big bowl nicely then add milk, vanilla essence and oil and mix nicely.
- Add the dry ingredients to it and mix properly to a fine lump free consistency. Pour into cupcake moulds up to 3/4 level.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or till done. Insert a toothpick in the center , if it comes out cleanly then its done.
- Remove and let the cupcakes rest in a cooling rack.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep a eye over it when baking.
- If you wish you can use a medium size 9 inch cake pan instead of cupcake moulds and bake 45 minutes or till done at 180°.
- I got approximately 20 cup cakes.
- You can sprinkle sugar powder over it to give it a little zing.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.