The season for green peas begins in November and is found in abundance till the end of March. You can easily preserve fresh Peas in the refrigerator for a longer period of time.
I want to share this lovely technique of storing green peas with you all.
The credit goes to my Sister in law who taught me this wonderful process to store green peas with a shelf life of 6-8 months !!
10kg green peas
15 to 20 medium size ziploc for storage
- You need fresh, tender and god quality Peas for preservation.
- Start with peeling the Green Peas and while doing it take out all the bad Peas.
- Wash them twice and strain any excess water.
- Split and extract the peas and keep in bowl
- Take a large bowl and fill 3/4th with water and boil it.
- Once it starts boiling reduce the flame and add the green peas.
- It will settle in bottom initially and it will start to float slowly.
- Once all the peas float scoop them and dry them on a cloth.This process will take 1-2 minutes.
- Store the peas in a medium size Ziploc and also add 2 tbsp boiled strained and cool water and keep in freezer.
- You can also store them in freezer safe storage container which is very popular in tupperware brand.
- Do not overboil the peas as they will get cooked, it should be semi-boiled for reuse.
- You can add some salt or sugar as per your taste.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️