2 -3 boiled & mashed potatoes
1 small onion finely chopped
3-4 green chillies finely chopped
Fresh coriender finely chopped
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp mango powder
1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
Salt & red chili powder to taste
Bread crumbs from 1 slice of bread
2 tablespoon fresh cheese for stuffing (I used Mozzarella)
1/2 cup sesame seeds for rolling the potato balls
Oil for frying
For the filling:
- Add some salt & black pepper , very little chopped coriander to the cheese & keep aside.
For Potato Balls:
- For the potato balls mix everything together with the potatoes with the exception of sesame seeds, bread crumbs, onion, green chili, coriander and the dry spices.
- Mix well light handedly , if there are bits & pieces of potato left that is fine .
- You can also grease your hands with some oil if the mixture is too sticky . Roll it into a dough like ball.
- Now divide the potato mixture into 10-12 equal parts or you can do it just by taking enough mixture that can be rolled in the palms of your hands.
- Flatten this potato mix a little & put about 1/2 tsp of the cheese mix in the centre, close it off from all sides & roll it into a ball. Now roll the ball into the sesame seeds thoroughly.
- Repeat the same process with all balls.
- Heat oil in a deep frying dish & fry the potato balls on high heat until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney of your choice.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.