Mathris or Mathis are the perfect anywhere, anytime snack. They taste really nice with a hot cup of tea.
3/4 cup all purpose flour/maida
1/4 cup semolina/sooji
2 tbsp clarified butter/ghee
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 tsp roasted cummin/jeera powder
1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
1/4 tsp black seasme seeds
1tsp kasuri methib
1/2 tsp salt
cookie cutter of different shapes
Oil to deep fry
- Mix all the above ingredients nicely except ghee
- Then add ghee and mix it nicely to get a crumbled texture.
- To this add water as required to make it a firm dough
- Let it rest for 1/2 hr
- Heat oil in a pan for deep fry
- Divide the dough in 3-4 ball, spread with roller and cut small circles with a cookie cutter or make tiny puri and prick them with a fork so that they do not puff up.
- Fry in medium flame until crispy golden brown , then take them out and spread on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- One they are cool completely store in airtight container and enjoy.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.