I love the art of cake decorating. Baking and decoration of cakes are my favorite. I like the feeling when you finally get it on the table and walk away. You know you did something for someone’s special day. It’s very rewarding.
I thought the idea was brilliant!
To make this shirt cake, you will need the following:
Round cake (I made eggless malai vanilla cake, for recipe click on this link: Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake)
Quilting tool to create stitch marks
Small circle cutter
- Bake your cake and let it cool.
- Then, cover it in fondant (for detailed instructions, click this link: How To Cover Cake With Fondant)
- You can pick any color you want. I wanted a white T shirt so I used white fondant.
- Cut 5 strips of red fondant which is 2 inches wide and 15 inches long (size according to your cake).
- Using some water put the strips on your cake at equal distance. This will give your T-shirt a striped texture.
- Cut a white strip which is 2 inches wide and about 20 inches long.
- Fold one side of the strip inward, about half an inch. This will be the shirt’s collar.
- Using some water, stick the center of this strip around the top edge of your cake and stick the sides of the strip on top of the cake.
- Cut another white strip which is also 2 inches wide and about inches long.
- Using some water, place this below your collar. Make sure it’s in the center. This will be your button line.
- Cut off excess fondant on top of this strip with a knife.
- Use toothpick to make stitch marks around the collar and the button line.
- For the buttons, cut out a few circles using the smallest round cutter.
- Use the back of your toothpick to make 4 tiny holes in these buttons.
- Using some water, stick these along the button line.
That’s about it for my T-shirt cake.
I was inspired by this shirt cake to create it when I saw its lovely picture on net.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.