I am fan of Sanjeev Kapoor’s recipes. I try to follow most of them. This one is also inspired from his recipe with added flavors of Astha’s Kitchen.
Spinach and potato mixture shaped into tikkis, shallow fried and served on toasted bread.
Spinach leaves blanched 20-30
bread slices 6
Potatoes boiled and peeled2 medium
Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
Oil 2 tablespoons
chilli powder 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup as required
Hung curd 1/2 cup
Finely chopped bell peppers 1 medium .
Salt, pepper and chilli flakes
Sugar if you like .
- For dip mix all the ingredients above in a bowl.
- Chop the spinach in a chopper and put into a bowl.
- Break 3 bread slices and crumble.
- Grate the potatoes into the bowl with spinach and mix. Add salt, cumin powder and chilli powder and breadcrumbs and mix with hand.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Shape the mixture into small round tikkis.
- Place a small cutter over 3 bread slices and cut small rounds.
- Place the tikki on one side of the pan and shallow-fry. On the other side of the pan place the bread rounds and toast.
- Switch off the heat from under the pan. Line up the bread rounds on the table top. Place a drop of tomato ketchup.
- Place a tikki over it. Now put the hung curd dip on it.
- Garnish with mint leaves and tomato piece.
- Arrange the tikkis on a serving plate and serve.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.