Ripe mangoes cubed 2 medium
2 tbsp cornflour
Rice 4 tablespoon
Milk 1 liters
Sugar 3/4 cup
8-10 Pistachios, blanched and sliced
6-8 Almonds, blanched and sliced
- Soak rice in two cups of water for half an hour. Drain and grind to a coarse paste.
- Dilute rice paste with half a cup of water.
- Heat milk and bring it to a boil.
- Gradually stir in the rice paste, reduce heat and simmer for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or until the milk thickens well.
- Add sugar, and continue to simmer till sugar dissolves and is incorporated well.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature.
Your Phirni is ready …
For mango flavor first you need to make mango jelly:
- Make Mango puree in the blender without adding water and keep it aside.
- Then add 1/2 cup water in cornflour to make a paste without lumps.
- Take a pan and pour the mango puree and boil and stir for some time, then add cornflour paste and stir well until the mixture is thick.
- Let the mixture cool down (you may add some sugar according to your taste).
Let’s start the presentation and give it a complete look:
- Assembling…take a shot glass, add a scoop of Phirni , then a scoop of mango jelly and repeat the same.
- Set in refrigerator for an hour.
- Top with mango jelly decoration using a piping bag and silver sprinkles and garnish with basil leaves chill and enjoy.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.