Sometimes, simple and easy, yet innovative ways of presenting a food item gives it such an exclusive look that it appears extraordinarily attractive. The best example of this is perhaps the watermelon bowl .
How to make Watermelon Bowl:
- Cut the watermelon in half
- Carve out watermelon with a melon baller and save watermelon balls/chunks in a separate bowl
- With a small pairing knife cut out a design from the edges of the bowl. Pick any diagonal or wave design you would like! Remember it does not have to be perfect, whatever you make will look great and it will be original every time.
- Create a zig-zag edge.
For the Salad:
1 cup mix capcicum finely chopped red ,yellow,green
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1/2 tbsp mint leaves (optional)
1 green chilli (finely chopped)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
1 Cucumber (finely chopped)
1 cup Melon balls
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp sugar
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup hung curd
- Mix all the ingredients except the chilli and seasoning.
- Mix the seasoning before serving.
- Serve in Watermelon bowl.
Your salad is ready!!
Notes: You can use any fruits and vegetables of your choice.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.