Mango season is about to get over but still, my mind can’t stop thinking about Mango recipe.
So this time I tried a different recipe with Mangoes. Seviyan or vermicelli kheer is a traditional popular dessert. Seviyan is a delicious and an easy recipe to make.
Basic seviyan is made with milk,seviyan and sugar, and then flavored with cardamom. This time I tried fusion.
I made seviyan kheer with mango and custard.”Fusion cooking is a delight! It creates magic and is fairly easy to do.”Seviyan (Vermicelli) Kheer Recipe.
1 mango for making rose
- Use a nonstick or heavy bottom frying pan to make a seviyan kheer.
- Add the seviyan and ghee and roast them for about two minutes on medium low heat.
- Add the milk and increase the heat to medium-high.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium.
- Let the milk boil for about 15 minutes, until the milk is creamy and reduced to almost half.
- Stir often to ensure the milk does not burn in the bottom of the pan, and also keep scraping the sides of the frying pan.
- Add the sugar, mango puree and custard powder paste.
- Let the seviyan kheer simmer over low heat for about 5 to10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. As seviyan kheer cools it will become thicker in texture.
First, serve seviyan kheer in short glasses then garnish with Mango Rosette (For recipe click here: How To Make Mango Rosette)
Or serve in bowl and garnish with mango cubes and almonds. Serve chilled ….
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.