- Peel the mango and Slice into halves.
- Remove the ends (about an inch), and then slice the mango into very thin pieces.
- Roll the first piece tightly and place it on a flat surface. This becomes the center of the rose.
- Wrap the second piece around the centerpiece, making sure that this “petal” covers the seams of the previous “petal”.
- As you work your way outward, cut the mango slices at an angle so that the outer petals of the rose also have some dimension.
- Use the smaller pieces for the center and the larger pieces as you work outward.
- If you only have firm mangoes on hand, just make thinner petals. And thicker petals if the mango is too soft. With practice, you ‘ll have a better idea of how thick the petals should be.
- Use the rosettes to decorate fruit tarts, tartlets, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, puddings or whatever you prefer.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️