1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
3/4 cup thick dahi (fresh yogurt)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil (vegetable/canola/olive)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For frosting and decorating :
1 cup whipped cream
I used star Nozzle
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases or use individual cupcake molds with paper liners.
- Add all purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- In a large bowl, take yogurt and sugar. Beat on medium speed by using hand mixture until combined well.
- Then, add baking powder and soda and again beat on high speed until you see the bubbles.
- Then add oil and vanilla essence and flour mixture, mix together and beat on medium speed until well combined. If the batter is too thick then add little hot water (near about 1-2 tablespoons).
- Divide the batter among the cupcake molds. Fill only 2/3 full. Bake in the oven preheated to180°C. for about 10-15 minutes for small cupcakes and for regular onr time is 20 -25 minutes. Out of oven, let cool for 5 minutes in the pan and transfer to a wire rack and completely cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn over the cooling rack and cool completely.
- DECORATE: Pastry tip star Nozzle should make perfect swirls. Start piping in the middle and slowly pipe around until you cover the whole surface of cupcake. You can make any design on your cupcakes. Decorate with fruit candies…
Notes: You can do any frosting of your choice for the cake and cupcakes …
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.