Sabudana Wada is one of the most popular snack item and is mostly eaten on fasts. I usually avoid preparing this as it is very oily. But its my family’s fav But now I have a oil free way of preparing this – thats with my new Kenstar Oxy Fryer.
Thanks to my friend Anubhuti she gifted me this fantastic thing.
Oxy Fryer is baically used or Oil free cooking. We can enjoy our otherwise oily food in a healthy and oil free manner. It is very easy to use as well as very easy to clean. On the right is the picture of my Oxy Fryer.
Now I tried sabudana vada and it came out just awesome. I am so happy that I can enjoy all these items in an oil free manner 🙂
My daughter’s fav ..she always insist me to made recipes in oxyfryer .
Below is the recipe of Sabudana Vada. I have prepared it in Oxy Fryer. If you dont have an oxyfryer, you just need to shallow fry or deep fry the tikkis or sticks in oil.
Sabudana\Sagu – 1 cup
Peanut powder – half cup
2 Potatoes – boiled and mashed
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
2 Green chillies – chopped
Coriander leaves – chopped
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Salt swad anusar
Jeera powder -1 teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon (Optional)
- Soak the sabudana for atleast 5-6 hours in water.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingriedients except oil and mix well.
- Make small tikkis or sticks or any shape of your choice .
- Brush both sides of tikkis with one drop olive oil. But this step is optional.
- Pre heat the oxyfryer for 5 minutes at 160 degress.
- Place the tikkis on the tray of oxy fryer and keep it again for 15 minutes at 160 degrees.
- After that , just flip the tikkis to the other side and keep for 5 more minutes. This is to ensure that both sides become crispy.
Delicious oil free Sabudana Vada is ready
Serve it with mint chutney or ketchup or curd dip . No one can eat just one 🙂
Notes: Oxy fryer does not give the same taste as the one with shallow frying with oil. It gives slighly different taste but must say food tastes really delicious. You can eat as much as you like – guilt free 😉
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
2 thoughts on “Sabudana Sticks / Vade (Oxy Fryer Recipe)”
very nice recipe, will surely try, but I have a query I also have same model from Kenstar ans food sticks to the basket a lot, how to avoid that
sprey some oil on your basket and sabudana vada too ..with help of brush ..