When I saw this recipe on a blog ,I wanted to make it. And Now here’s my cake.
The best, eggless, butter less, moist and delicious Chocolate Cake recipe made with yogurt that will quickly become your favorite!
This rich chocolate cake infused with cocoa and yogurt will bring a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup coco powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup thick dahi (fresh yogurt)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (vegetable/canola/olive)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup hot water
Truffle / Ganache (for ganache recipe click the link: How to make Chocolate Ganache (Truffle))
Fondant Rose (for Fondant Rose recipe click the link: Fondant Rose)
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Prepare cake pan by buttering / greasing and lightly flouring.
- For the cake: Add all purpose flour, coco powder and salt to a large bowl. Stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- In a large bowl, take yogurt and sugar. Beat on medium speed by using hand mixture until combined well.
- Then, add baking powder and soda and again beat on high speed until you see the bubbles.
- Then add oil and vanilla essence and flour mixture, mix together and beat on medium speed until well combined. If the batter is too thick then add little hot water (near about 1/4 cup).
- Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter. Pour the cake batter evenly in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake first for 10 minutes on 200℃ and then for 30-35 minutes on 180℃ or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn over the cooling rack and cool completely.
- Now pour the ganache on cake. Decorate with fondant rose and almonds.
You can do any frosting of your choice for the cake.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.