Chakli a popular snack all throughout India. Chakli is a crispy and delicious snack.
Chakli is prepared in many different ways using different pulses with rice. I plan on making Chakli with rice flour and urad dal. I always like making chakli but i could not make it because of the difficult and long method. So I found its easy recipe and the out come is superb…I tried it many times with different recipes but this recipes tastes good.
My husband couldn’t believe that it was homemade..full family liked it ..Give it a try for sure…
Recipe adapted…passionated. blog
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup Urad dal (dry roasted and powdered)
Cumin 2 tbsp
Asafotedia (hing )1/2 tsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
chilli flakes 1 tbsp
black seasme seeds 1 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
- Dry roast the urad dal and powder it in a blender.Mix all the ingredients except the oil and make a smooth dough.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Stuff the dough into the chakli maker and start piping the chakli on a plastic sheet or on a flat laddle.
- Make 4 – 5 at a time and add them to the hot oil slowly without breaking the shape.
- Deep fry till they turn golden brown and crispy and no more bubbles seen.
Drain them and keep on a plate. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Stays crunchy for a long time… Tastes great at anytime…
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.