Basundi with extra kick, Orange BasundiI got this idea from chef and her kitchen.com .
जब ये dessert बनी ,पूरी family ने इसे पसंद किया. Must try this festive season…
Basundi is prepared by reducing the milk and sweetened and topped with loads of nuts which makes the basundi tasty in each and every bite. Even though the process is bit time consuming, it is very easy to make and the end product is all worth the effort we put in making it.
A milk-based dessert, cooked with blanched almonds and cashew nuts. I have added oranges after it has been chilled.
Segmented pods of 1-2 Oranges
1tbs sugar for oranges
Full Cream Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk Powder – 1-2 tbsp
Blanched Almonds – 15
Cashew Nuts – 10
Saffron – a few threads
Almond slivers, a few, for garnishing.
- Chop the blanched almonds and cashew nuts.
- Boil the milk, reduce the heat, and add the blanched almonds and cashew nuts.
- Continue to boil the milk stirring frequently to condense it to half the quantity.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, or as per taste
- Add 1-2 tbsp of milk powder
- Cool it and refrigerate this for about 2 hours.
- After that, Remove the pith and seeds of the orange and cut into small segments. Add sugar to it and mix well and keep this in the refrigerator until its usage.
- While serving it,mix the basundi mixture well with the chopped orange segments and serve immediately.
- Garnish with slivers of almonds and saffron
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.