Begin the winter season with the tangy and spicy taste of this chutney.
Thecha means chutney made from chillies and garlic. This is a Maharashtrian side-dish and people who love chilli will definitely like this thecha.
My husband loves chutneys very much. He always wants chutneys with meal. Making chutneys has become my passion to impress my husband .
2 red thick chillies (If u make with thin chillies take 10 -11)
8-10 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 tbsp seasme seeds.
pinch of asafetida
1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
1/2 tsp amchur powder or 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1tbs roasted peanut powder
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add asafetida, cumin seeds, seasme seeds red chillies (cut in to thin)and garlic.
- Sauté it till they become soft.
- Add the salt and redchilli powder and amchur powder and switch off the flame, allow it to cool down.
- Grind this mixture coarsely.
- After that add some roasted peanut powder.
Lal Mirchi Thecha is ready to serve!
- You can serve it with jwar, makka ki roti and daal bati
- You can store this chutney in refrigerator for 7-8 days
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.