Refined flour (maida) 1/2cup
Milk powder 1/4cup
Baking soda a 1/4tsp
Baking powder 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Vanila essence 1/4tsp
lemon juice 1/4tsp
Strawberries one pack
silver balls and white sprinkles
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Combine the malai and sugar lemon juice and curd in a bowl and whisk well.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve 2-3 times and keep aside.
- Add the milk and milk powder and Maida mixture to the malai gradually and keep stirring.
- Gradually and alternatively finish the mixture and keep stirring.
The mixture should be of the pouring consistency.
- Now add the vanilla essence and lightly stir again once.
- Grease the 4″inch cake pan and sprinkle little maida into it.
Pour the batter into it and bake in a pre-heated cooker or oven for25-30 minutes.Note ..from this batter two cakes of size 4″inch can be baked .
- Remove and cool.
- After the cake is cooled slice it from the middle.
- Then fill it with cream and strawberry slices.
- Place the second cake layer on the first one and press it gently so that it sticks. Ensure that it is centered and levelled.
- After that cover the cake with whipped cream.
- Put cream in piping bag and using star Nozal make rosettes on the sides.
- Cut the strawberries In to thin slices and arrange them on the cake in the form of a flower.
- In the center make strawberry rose and keep it.
- Drizzle some sprinkles on the middle of the flower for pollen effect.
- Sprinkle some pink dust (pink color mist )over the roses.
Hurray strawberry cake is ready to go in your mouth.
- You can make more than 2 layers in your cake.
- You can add some strawberry crush in your cake filling.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.