Beetroot patties is easy, delicious, healthy and colorful snack for tea time or for kids snacks . I wanted to post beetroot cutlets for very long time but I was not able to take pictures whenever I made this until this time it happened finally and sharing this beautiful, perfectly spiced beetroot Hearts with you all.
Beetroot – 1 large
Potato – 2 medium
Bread – 2 slices
Salt – 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Amchur Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
Mint leaves – 4 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp (finely chopped)
All purpose flour – for coating
Bread crumbs – for coating
Oil – for frying
- First cook the potatoes, roughly mash them and keep aside. Also, cook the beet root and grate it finely.
- Add the bread slices to a blender/mixie and grind into a dry powder.
- Add the mashed potato, grated beetroot, salt, chilli, jeera, amchur, garam masala, mint, coriander leaves to a large mixing bowl. Now, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Now, add the ground bread powder little by little and mix until you get a thick dough. I used powder from 2 bread slices.
- Add the all purpose flour to a small bowl. Add sufficient water to make a flour paste and keep aside. Spread the bread crumbs in a plate for coating and keep aside.
- Now heat a pan with oil for shallow frying and set the flame to Medium. While the oil is getting heated,take a small portion of the dough and shape it into hearts using a cookie cutter. Now dip the prepared hearts into the flour paste.
- Now, place it on top of the bread crumbs. Slightly press with your fingers to flatten out the hearts. Turn the hearts and make sure that the other side of the heart is also covered with bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry the patties until both the sides of the cutlet turns golden brown by flipping. Once done remove from the oil and place in a paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat the same with the other patties
Enjoy hot with ketchup,curd dip…
- Make sure your beetroot and potato are totally dry before mashing/grating.
- The addition of salt and other masala powders depends on the size and type of potato used. Do give a taste of the mixture before forming into patties and adjust the salt, spiciness and other masala quantity as per your taste.
- The outer coating should be less for this cutlet, so that the color of the beetroot is seen through outside.
- Try to fry the cutlets in medium flame. High flame leads to burnt bread crumbs and Low temperature leads to oil absorption.
- You can add onions and other veggies too.
- Beetroot contains potassium, magnesium & iron as well as vitamins A, B6 & C and Folic Acid. It also contains carbohydrates, proteins, powerful antioxidants and soluble fiber. Not only is beetroot great for boosting stamina and making muscles work harder, but also can help in reducing blood pressure as well as its associated risks such as heart attacks & strokes.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️
One thought on “Beetroot ❤ Tikki”
[…] on my Oats Tikki (Oxy Fryer Recipe) SPROUTED MOONG , OATS AND VEGGIE KABAB/ TIKKI /CUTLETSBeetroot ❤ Tikki Palak Tikki With […]