Baklava is one of my favorite dessert.
I first tasted it at Effotel hotel in Indore..then I wanted to make it… When I saw one of my group members recipe, I bookmarked it.
I made this fusion baklava .. actually arabic baklava dish with gajar ka halva ..I am happy i nailed it beautifully..
Thanks Vandana Jangid and Aferin Usman (my Food group members).
One more fusion dish with gajar ka halva.
- Pre heat oven at 150 degrees.
- Grease a 7″ square tin.
- Divide the dough into 10 tiny balls. Roll out each ball of dough as thin as you can using dry flour to stop it from sticking.
- The rolled out dough should be big enough to fit in the tin.
- Don’t worry if a few of them tear, they will not be visible.
- Now start lining the tin with the rolled out dough alternating with melted butter or ghee.
- After five layers, spread the Gajar ka Halwa.
- Again repeat, 5 more layers. Smother the top with butter.
- With a sharp knife, cut into bite sized squares.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till you get a crusty, golden top. Use this time to make the syrup.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup and keep it aside for about 30 minutes or more.
- Sprinkle some slivered pistachios on top.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.