YIELD: 14 small heart shape cutlets
When my daughter comes from school that first question she asks is “what is there for snacks”..Every day she wants some new dish with new presentation. So I always try new recipe and make them happy. Best happiness is when they said its yummy ..
These are made from leftover rice, instant oats and vegetables and flavored with Indian spices. It makes perfect dish for the breakfast as well as after school snack.
Recipe adapted: bhanu’s rasoi
2cup leftover cooked Basmati Rice
1cup Instant Oats, lightly roasted
1cup Carrots, grated on the large holes of the grater
3-4 Green Chilies or as per taste, finely chopped
4 tblsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
2 tsp. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder or as per taste
2 tsp. Coriander Powder
2 tsp. Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp. Garam Masala
1 tsp. Sugar
1/2 cup Yogurt or as needed to bind cutlets mixture
Salt as per taste
Oil for shallow roasting cutlets
For Curd dip:
1cup hung curd
1small onion finally chopped
1tsp chilli flex
1tsp pasta seasoning
salt as per taste
sugar as per taste
- Dry roast oats in a non-stick pan for few minutes on a medium low heat.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except yogurt and mix well.
- Add small amount of yogurt at a time and bind mixture until it comes together.Give Heart shape with the cookie cutter or make round burger patties shape and shallow fry with little amount of oil on both sides in a non-stick pan on medium low heat until golden brown in color.
- Serve with ketchup.
- I like serving with Curd dip and chilli sauce .
- For curd dip ..mix all ingredients and sprinkle red chilli powder.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.