Water melon – one small
Grated cheese or crumble (I used amul cheese cube 1 )
Fresh Mint leaves – few torn
Fresh mint leaves – 1/2 cup
Pepper powder -1 tsp
Salt to taste
Lime juice – from 1 lime
Vinegar – a dash
INSTRUCTIONS: Watermelon bowl
- Cut the watermelon in half
- Carve out watermelon with a melon baller and save watermelon balls/chunks in a separate bowl.
- With a small pairing knife cut out a design from the edges of the bowl. Pick any diagonal or wave design you would like! Remember it does not have to be perfect, whatever you make will look great and it will be original every time.
Create a zig-zag edge.
- Place Watermalon ball/chunks and cheese and few mint leaves in a large bowl. Gently toss them to gather.
- To make salad dressing- In a mortar pestle crush the mint leaves until they become like a paste, add lime juice, salt, pepper, vinegar and mix all to gather.
- Pour salad dressing over the salad and serve in Watermalon bowl enjoy!
Not just in summer, you can have this fresh refreshing salad any time of the year!
Notes: Vinegar is optional. If you don’t want to use skip it .
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.