Ya you got it right. This power packed snack comprises spinach & paneer (cottage cheese).
Paneer has a bland flavour and thus blends well with any ingredient. Kids love it very much. Here I am sharing recipe of this yummy snack with you.
I didn’t want to use potato for starters, so i got this idea and my kids love it like anything.
1cup chopped spinach (palak)
1 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
salt to taste
2 processed cheese cubes , each cut into 6 pieces(optional)
1 tsp green chilli paste or 1tsp chilli flex
Seasme seeds for rolling
oil for deep-frying
tomato ketchup / sweet chilli sauce
- Combine the paneer, spinach, salt, green chilli paste and cornflour in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a small round.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression, place a piece of cheese cube in it and again shape them into a round ball.(this step is optional)
- Roll the balls in the seasme seeds till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry 3 to 4 balls at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato ketchup or sweet chilli sauce.
Insert a toothpick or a breadstick to make the cheese balls look more appealing to your little ones.
Recipe adapted…Tarla dalal
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.