Vacation is going on and kids are at home ,and every often they demand for something to eat,for their choti choti bhuk I made this hearty namakpare. This is a very commonly made recipe in my house with variations and different shapes. I added spices to make it more tasty. The best thing is these can be stored up to 1 month,even in summers. Lets learn how to make perfect Hearty Namakpare.
tilli (seasme seeds)-2tsp
- In a bowl take flour and semolina , give it a mix .
- Add salt, ajwain, turmeric,chilliflex,tilli and mix well with hands.
- Add warm water and rub well.
- Now add water and knead into a tight dough.
- Cover it with cloth and rest it for 1 hour.
- After one hour, heat oil in a wok.
- Take the dough and divide into 4 equal parts.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen counter and roll the dough like thin chapatti
- Cut into Hearts with cookie cutter .
- Check the oil it should not be smocking hot .
- Put a pinch of the dough in oil, if it is coming to top then its ok.
- Add Hearty Namakpare in hot oil . once those float on top ,increase the flame to high and fry the Namakpares till they turn nice golden.
- Don’t over fry.
- Take out immediately from the oil, keep on a absorbent paper.
Once cool keep them in a tight container.
Notes: You can sprinkle chat masala over the hearty namakpare .You can use this to make papdichat. You can serve with hummus also
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.