Recipe adapted …
Special thanks to Smiling notes,kaveri obhan My CAL group member. They recently shared this recipe on her blog and group and being a crazed mango fan, I just had to have them. I decided to make them. I tried 2-3 times ,and here’s the recipe .
A must-try especially for all you mango lovers out there!
My daughter has made these cupcakes for her school presentation and as these are very simple she was very happy to see its outcome. It is best for mango season. .INGREDIENTS:
chopped nuts for garnish*-1/4 cup
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Mix the semolina, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add oil to it and mix it well.
- Add the mango pulp in this mixture and mix it till it is combined well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin pan with liners, Scoop batter into them. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Garnish it with chopped/ crushed nuts of your choice.
- Please make sure that the mango pulp is thick and not too watery
- If you use a pulp that is not thick and if you find that the cake batter is not thick then let is stand aside for 20 minutes, until the mango pulp is absorbed by the semolina.
- Check with a toothpick to see if properly baked. If the toothpick comes out clean then remove immediately. If it is kept for a longer time, the cake will become hard on the top.
- If you don’t have a muffin pan, you can just put the liners on a baking sheet by themselves. I have noticed that the foil ones are especially good for this, but you can also double up the paper ones.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.