Today I wanted to make something new for dinner .I thought of many options but I like this idea the most .It came out perfectly . Everyone like it . Mangori Palak ki Kadhi!
A unique healthy spinach kadhi with no ginger, garlic, onion or pakoris…..The moong dal badis/mangoris add delicious texture and flavor that makes it a personal fav.
1tbs ghee/olive oil
1/2 cup moong ki daal ki badiyan(also called mangori)
1/3tsp methi dana
2-3 dry red chillies
2cup sour curd /yoghurt
4tbsp besan (gramflour)
1/2 tsp hing
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil/ghee, and shallow fry about 1/2 cup moong ki daal ki badiyan (also called mangori) and keep aside.
- Now add 1/3 tsp ajwain and 1/3 tsp methi daana along with 2-3 dry red chillies to the ghee and cook for a few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of very sour yoghurt which has been blended with 4 heaped tbsp besan, salt, haldi and about 6-8 cups of water.
- Cook on medium high stirring intermittently till first boil.
- After the first boil, add the shallow fried badian/mangori and some finely chopped spinach (about 1 1/2 cup) and cook on low flame for at least 1/2 hour or till desired thickness is reached.
- Now give tadka with karipatta ghee, hing, jeera & lal mirch…and serve with hot rice! Or roti
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️
One thought on “Mangori Palak Ki Kadhi”
[…] Spinach is such a versatile veggie that we can combine it corn corn palak or with lentils Lahsuni Dal Palak (Spinach And Lentils Tempered With Garlic) or you can use it in fritters Palak Tikki With Twistor along with cottage cheese Palak Paneer Balls or in dahi preprationMangori Palak Ki Kadhi. […]