1tbs ghee/olive oil
1/2 cup moong ki daal ki badiyan(also called mangori)
1/3tsp methi dana
2-3 dry red chillies
2cup sour curd /yoghurt
4tbsp besan (gramflour)
1/2 tsp hing
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil/ghee, and shallow fry about 1/2 cup moong ki daal ki badiyan (also called mangori) and keep aside.
- Now add 1/3 tsp ajwain and 1/3 tsp methi daana along with 2-3 dry red chillies to the ghee and cook for a few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of very sour yoghurt which has been blended with 4 heaped tbsp besan, salt, haldi and about 6-8 cups of water.
- Cook on medium high stirring intermittently till first boil.
- After the first boil, add the shallow fried badian/mangori and some finely chopped spinach (about 1 1/2 cup) and cook on low flame for at least 1/2 hour or till desired thickness is reached.
- Now give tadka with karipatta ghee, hing, jeera & lal mirch…and serve with hot rice! Or roti
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.