A Healthy treat for cake lovers 🎂🎂
Whenever my daughter come back from school they always want something new from my kitchen. I always want to use healthy ingredients in my recipe ..This time I wanted to bake a cake for them so I decided to use wheat flour . Wheat flour is healthier option for everyone .
So here is a healthy cake that you can give to your kids in their snack box or in the evening with their glass of milk or after school snack.
My husband loves this cake . As this cake is made with wheat flour I never hesitate to serve him.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Milk powder – 3 tbsp
Powder sugar – ¾ th cup
Butter / Oil – 1/4th cup (I used oil)
Curd – 6 tbsp
Baking powder – 1and 1/2 tsp
Walnut – a handful
Tuti-fruiti -1tbsp (optional)
Chocolate chips -1tbsp(optional)
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Warm water – 3 to 4 tbsp
Salt – a pinch
- Grease a 6” tin and 5″tin with oil , set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180’c for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle little flour with walnuts and tuti-fruiti and chocolate chips, mix so that the flour coated well with walnut pieces.
- Shift together wheat flour,milk powder, baking powder and salt.
- Beat soften butter/ oil with powder sugar, add curd and beat till the mixture seems creamy.
- Add shifted ingredients and fold gently.
- Add 2 tbsp of warm water if the mixture seems dry, add more if scenery.
- The water quantity depends on quality of the flour, so add till you get a pour-able batter.
- Finally fold with flour coated walnuts.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin , tap for 2 times.
- Bake the cake at 180℃ for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean .
- Let it cool and transfer it on a wire rack.
Cut and enjoy with family.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.