A very healthy sprout salad..you’ll all love this.
Sprout salad is a colorful, refreshing, nourishing dish, a good source of protein and calcium. This is an easy recipe to prepare.
I strongly believe we first eat with our eyes. I’m always looking out for ideas to present food whenever I visit restaurants or watch food shows. I always get bowled over by the food presentation shown on various food channels.
This post is about how to present salads in a more creative way.
1 small purple Cabbagge
1 cup moong Sprouts blanched
Salt to taste
white Pepper or black pepper powder to taste
1 small Green chili finely chopped
Lemon juice as per taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
1capsicum finally chopped
1tomato finally chopped
1 cucumber finally chopped
1 carrot finally chopped
- Gently separate the leaves of small red cabbage without tearing them.
- Using serrated blades scissors (designing scissors) cut the leaf in a round shape.
- Leave these leaves in refrigerator until use. Fill a large bowl with water and add lots of ice to it, to turn water ice cold. On the backside of the leaf, you will see a white vein passing through the middle of the leaf.
- To get flat base to the cabbage cups, trim off the thin slice right at the center of the leaf over the vein using a small sharp knife.By doing this the cups will not topple when turned.
- Dip these leaves in ice cold water and leave this bowl in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. When dipped in cold water, the leaves will get harder and turn crisp and crunchier.
- When you are ready to serve salad, gently wipe the excess water from leaves and place them in serving plate.
- As per your taste add in salt, pepper, lemon juice to mixed sprouts and vegetables as toss. Carefully using a spoon fill the prepared cabbage cups with this sprouts mixture.
- The only tricky part in making these cups is removing the cabbage leaves intact without tearing them. The cups can be cut in advance and kept in fridge and just before serving made crisp..here’s how they are made
- you can serve in this cups any salad of your choice
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love