Baking is my passion.I always try new recipes with variation. I always wanted to make cake using curd, and this time I searched and I found out a nice recipe .. I tried it and was happy with outcome ..
This is my facebook group member Vibha bhutadas recipe ..
I tried many times, really its a no fail recipe .
Maida – 2½ cups
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar – 2 cups
Butter – ¾ cup (170 gm), softened
Yogurt – 1 cup, room temp
Hot Milk – ½ cup
rose Essence – ½ tsp
Chopped almonds cashews and tutee fruity 2 tbsp.
Red gel colour 1/4 tsp or 7 to 8 drops .
- Preheat the oven @ 180 C, 10 minutes before baking.
- Sift together maida, baking powder & soda bicarbonate.
- Beat softened butter, powdered sugar, hot milk, yogurt, and vanilla essence till light & fluffy.
- Fold in the sifted flour.
- Grease and Dust the cake tin….process of applying a thin layer of butter to the tin and then coat it with Maida is called grease and dust. This process ensure easy removal of cake.
- Take an round pan or heart shape pan , apply butter all over the inside part of it, sprinkle Maida (I used the maida n coco mix) and rotate the pan as you rotate a steering wheel when you drive a car. Tap the pan on the back and dust off the excess flour
- Cake Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You can bake it as a cupcakes also. Cupcakes bake at 180 degree for 15-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Always use fresh yogurt otherwise your cake is hard and not rise properly .
- Dust the dry fruit and tutti fruity with a little flour before adding to the cake. It will act like a glue and prevent the fruit from sinking.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.