Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins Total Time: 35 mins
Today’s dish is a good combination of Palak and sweet corn.Palak is a very good source of Iron and I am always on a look out for recipes that have Palak as the ingredient. I always made Palak Paneer curry, but for a change I added Corn this time.It came out wonderful. It was mildly flavored and was very rich and creamy.
Corn perfectly complemented with the Palak gravy and it was liked by everyone in the family.The sweetness of the corn went very well with the slight bland taste of spinach or palak.Its a very good tiffin recipe too,And best for dinner parties.This recipe is very good for kids as well as it is not very spicy and is super healthy.
It has an interesting list of ingredients in that we use the spinach both as puree and in chopped form. Because of chopped spinach its texture and taste was even better.Apart from the taste, the dish is also quite colourful and attractive to the eye.
Recipe adapted by Cooking with shobhna
Palak (Spinach) Puree, 3/4 cup
Palak (Spinach), chopped, 1/2 cup
Sweet Corn Kernels, boiled, 1 cup
Oil, 1/2 tbsp.
Jeera (Cumin Seeds), 1/2 tsp
Garlic, finely chopped, 2 tsp
Green Chillies, finely chopped, 2 tsp
Ginger, grated, 1 tsp
Salt, to taste
Fresh Cream, 2 tbsp
Garam Masala, a pinch
Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Wash and clean two bunches of palak and blanch them.
- Chop enough palak to get 1/2 cup of chopped palak leaves. Keep aside.
- Make a puree out of the remaining spinach leaves to get 3/4 cup of spinach puree. Keep aside
- Boil the sweet corn cob in a pressure cooker after adding the required amount of water and a little salt for 1 or 2 whistles. Once it cools remove the corn kernels and keep aside.
- In a thick-bottomed kadhai heat oil and when it gets hot, add the cumin seeds
- When the cumin seeds sizzle, add the finely chopped garlic, finely chopped green chillies, and grated ginger.Saute on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the palak puree, chopped palak, boiled corn kernels, and salt along with 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Next add the fresh cream, garam masala and chilli powder.
- Mix well again and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
If it is a bit pungent you can add a pinch of sugar.
Serve hot with rotis, parathas, or bajra rotis.
- You can also add some fresh cream to make restaurant style thick and creamy curry.
- If you do not eat onions make this curry without using onions.
- Do not overcook the spinach, as overcooking will not only fade the color of the greens, but also affect the taste adversely.
- I used cooking oil,you can use ghee too.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love
One thought on “CORN PALAK”
It looks good….will taste it 🙂