Moong dal with spinach is a wonderful healthy combination of green. This is a great way to get your greens and protein.This is a comforting everyday dal. My daughters love this dal mixed. Spinach adds texture, fibre, and essential nutrients.
Moong dal with spinach is very flavorful tasty and healthy dal..Spinach is one of the commonly used leafy veggie in my kitchen.This moong dal with spinach recipe requires very minimal ingredients.still it tastes very delicious and flavorful.
Spinach is such a versatile veggie that we can combine it corn corn palak or with lentils Lahsuni Dal Palak (Spinach And Lentils Tempered With Garlic) or you can use it in fritters Palak Tikki With Twistor along with cottage cheese Palak Paneer Balls or in dahi prepration Mangori Palak Ki Kadhi.
Total time: 30 mins
Soaking time: 3-4 hrs
Spinach/Palak : 200 gm or 1 1/2cup
Yellow Moong Dal: 1/2 cup
Onion: 1 medium
Garlic Pods: 2
Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon ( to taste)
Cumin Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder: 1/8 teaspoon
Oil : 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
- Soak Moong Dal for 4-5 hrs.
- Chop Onion and spinach.
- Take a pan add oil, when it is warm add cumin seeds and add Onions,Chopped Garlic, salt and fry until transparent.
- Add drain soaked Moong Dal,turmeric,chilli powder and fry for a minute and then add 3/4th cup of water and cook on medium flame until Dal is cooked and now it’s time to add the chopped spinach.
- Add roasted cumin powder and stir fry on medium flame until spinach is cooked.
- You can make it without onion and garlic.
- You can replace moong dal with any of your favourite dal.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Astha’s Kitchen on Facebook
Like share and spread your love