The love for food of my family motivated me and challenged me to become a cook. I always wanted to keep their love for food going on and hence it was a daunting task to try and create something different and unique and yet healthy food on a day to day basis.
My daughters always deny to eat roti or Dal chawal after coming from school. Everytime I search healthy recipes for them .This time I am more happy with this recipe because it contains chapatis.Even they can’t recognize it contains roti.
We played a game for guessing main ingredient and nobody could guess it.
Everyone loved this recipe .
Again this is one of my handy recipe after Leftover Roti (Chappati) Laddu to finish leftover chapati at home as they are yummy and healthy too. For this recipe I have chosen veggies of my choice, you can alter it according to your choice.You can serve this Cutlets in breakfast too.
This Cutlet recipe is adapted from shipy agrawal. I have been following her site for long time and a great fan of her recipes. If you find time, go through her blog to see some healthy recipes.
Prep time 20 mins Cook time 15 mins
Total time 35 mins
Roti, chapati : 3-4,
Grated Carrot: ¼ cup,
Fine chopped onions: ¼ cup,
Lemon Juice: 1-2 tsp,
Boiled mashed potatoes: ⅔ cup,
Semolina/ rawa/ sooji: 2tbsp+ 1tbsp for coating,
Sesame seeds 2tsp for coating .
Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp,
Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
Red chilly powder: ½ tsp,
- Break roti, chapati or tortilla in small pieces.
- Grind them to a grainy mixture and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add boiled mashed potatoes, onions, carrots, lemon juice, sooji or rawa, coriander leaves, salt green chilies with ground roti.
- Mix everything together and knead it like dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes rub little oil in your palm and make patties.
- You can make any shape patties you like.
- Roll the patties in semolina or rawa with sesame seeds.
- Heat the pan on medium heat and add oil on it.
- Put the roti cutlets on the pan.
- Cook them and flip them over couple of times till they become brown and crispy from both the sides.
- roti cutlets are ready serve them with your favorite dip.
Hung curd dip
1/2 cup hung curd
1/2 tsp chilliflakes
1 tsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
salt to taste
To make the Dip, blend together hung yogurt, salt and garlic and tomato sauce and red chilliflakes and transfer into a small bowl.
- You can use leftover roti, tortilla or parathas to make chapati cutlets.
- While grinding roti do not make thin powder we need grainy mixture.
- Chop veggies very fine so that they get easily bind up with other ingredients.
- Do not turn roti cutlets immediately after putting them on pan wait for few minutes then turn them over.
- If your chapatis are already salted do not add too much of salt.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Astha’s Kitchen on Facebook
Like share and spread your love
5 thoughts on “Roti Cutlet Recipe ( Leftover Chapati Cutlets)”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Healthy cutlet. Thanks for sharing
LikeLiked by 1 person