Fox nuts or Gorgon nut also known popularly as lotus seeds, makhane, phool patasha, phool, makhane, are a great way to snack guilt free.These nuts can be enjoyed in both savory and sweet form.
Today I am going to share a really quick recipe “Caramelized Fox Nuts”.I tried this time sweet makhane. Fox Nuts are anti-aging food as they are rich source of antioxidants and fiber.The nut is pretty versatile and often used in curries, added to veggies and pilaf, and it is even used to thicken soup.
For the presentation purpose, I tried making sugar-hearts using caramelized sugar.
Fox-nuts (or Makhane)- 2 cups
Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add fox-nuts to it and stir fry on medium flame for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually start adding sugar to it. Sugar will start melting and coating the fox-nuts.
- Keep adding the sugar till all fox-nuts are coated. Transfer it to a serving plate and let them cool down for 5 minutes.
- Caramelized Fox Nuts are ready to be served!!
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Like share and spread your love