Pickles are more irresistible than anything else.I cannot resist myself to have something spicy and that is when this Chili pickle comes to my rescue. Here’s sharing my Mom’s recipe of a delicious hot and sour green Chili pickle to spice up any meal.
In my childhood days My Mom always made pickle for us and continues to do so,and this recipe I have learnt from her. I am a big fan of pickles and my food is not completed without it.
This time I tried my hands on pickle.Spicy pickle brings a tangy twist to your winters.The pungent taste of mustard ( rai / kali sarso) gives nice flavor to this pickle.
1 cup green chilies(approx 100 gm)- washed and dry
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoon Mustard seeds/ rai
1 teaspoon dry mango powder/amchur
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Slit green chilies such that it opens like a pocket. Remove the seeds and keep aside.
- Now take mustard seeds at platform and crush them with help of rolling pin.
- Heat oil to the smoking point and then let it cool. Now again heat the oil (only till it gets warm).
- Mix the warm oil with asafoetida, salt, dry mango powder and mustard seeds powder.
- Keep this paste aside for 1-2 minutes.
- Fill ¼ teaspoon of the above paste in each chili. Do same with the remaining chilies.
- Finally mix in the lemon juice and toss well.
- The pickle is ready to eat. Store in any airtight glass or plastic container.
- You can use mustard oil too.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love