Now a days me and my daughters have started running in the morning. After that they have to go to school so, they have no time for breakfast.I am very much worried about it. So I decided to make these energy laddoos- easy to make and easy to eat.
Dates and dry fruits both provide warmth to the body and hence these Dates and Nuts ladoos serve as a delicious, healthy and nutritious winter breakfast with energy punch to start the day.
The dates and nuts ladoo recipe makes use of fresh dates,figs, Poppy seeds and nuts like Cashew Nuts, Almonds,raisins, Walnuts and Pistachios. Dates serve as natural sweetener and hence no additional sugar is added to this Ladoos. Recipe is very quick and easy to follow.
Pistachio – 1 tbsp chopped
Almonds – 4 tbsp chopped
Cashews – 3 tbsp chopped
Dates – 20
Raisins – 2 Tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Walnuts-2 tbsp chopped
poppy seeds 3 tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1 large pinch
- First chop the pistachio, almonds, cashews, walnuts finely and keep aside.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and using a food processor or grinder pulse the dates in small batches. This will make their small bits and save time of individual chopping of dates.
- Heat up 1 tbsp ghee in a non stick wok and shallow fry Almonds and Cashew nuts on low to medium flame . You will get nice aroma from the nuts. Keep stirring for 1-2 minutes or until cashews turn light pink. Drain and remove from the wok and keep aside.
- In the same ghee now roast the Pistachios and Walnuts for about a minute or so. Remoand keep with the Almonds and Cashews.
- Now roast the Poppy seeds on low flame in the same wok with left over Ghee for 1 minute. Keep stirring continuously .
- At the end add the dates in the wok along with poppy seeds. Mix properly and put off the flame. Now add the roasted nuts followed by Cardamom powder. Mix everything nicely and allow the mixture to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture cools a little, mix it with hands to form a dough.
- Pinch small portion and roll out into a small gooseberry shape ball between the palms. Repeat the same for all the Ladoos. You may make big ones or small bite size depending on your choice.
- Keep them in an air tight container. Serve with warm milk as a healthy and filling Breakfast. NOTES:
- Choice and quantity of the nuts can be changed based on your preference.
- While sauteing the dates, be sure not to overcook them. Or else the sugars may burn and the ladoo will taste bitter or else the sugar might caramelize and ladoo will harden after cooling.
- Slightly grease the mixie jar or food processor before pulsing the dates. This will help the dates not stick to the jar.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.