Choco Carrot Fudge / Burfi is a simple fusion to Indian Traditional sweet Carrot Halwa .. Same delicious Carrot Halwa with awesome taste of Chocolate Ganache.
Carrot halwa is one of my all time favourite deserts, I make it more often than any other sweet. I make it in many different ways and each it comes out as tasty as ever. Carrots are a great veg for desserts, anything made out of it tastes delicious.
Every time I search new recipes to impress my daughters and add healthy nutrients to their diet.My elder daughter always likes a new creation of any Indian desserts.So this time this fusion.
Winter is the best season for Carrots. Juicy, Tender, Sweet red Carrots makes this delicacy extremely tasty. Layer of Chocolate Ganache makes it unique .
It tasted awesome and my daughter Nirali who is a perfect taste maker, raised her thumbs on the very first bite. If you are new for making sweets for the first time, this burfi is definitely an easy sweet to try out. So lets move on to the recipe of carrot burfi –
This is the recipe which I came up with and it turned out to be good..Hope you will love it and let me know how it turned out for you..
For Carrot Burfi
500 grams carrots about 4 cups grated carrots (gajar)
1/2 cup Sugar or according to your taste
2 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1 cup milk powder or 100 to 105 grams milk powder
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
½ teaspoon ghee for greasing pan or tray or plate
1 tbsp homemade malai
For Chocolate Ganache:
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Chocolate
1 tsp butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence here’s the recipe.
How to make Chocolate Ganache (Truffle)
- Rinse, peel and then grate 500 grams carrots. in cup measurement, you will need 4 cups grated carrots.grease a pan or tray with 1/2 to 1 tsp ghee and keep aside.
- Mix milk powder and milk nicely. This is the best way to add milk powder in carrots.In a non stick wok, melt Ghee.
- Add grated carrots . Mix well and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add Milk +milk powder mixture. Mix well and allow it to cook on medium flame.Keep stiring continuously.
- Cook till milk gets evaporated and it starts thicking.Now add sugar and cardamom powder.As sugar melts, the mixture will be watery.Keep stiring continuously.
- When mixture thickens and reduces, no bubbles there in wok, its time to switch off the gas
- Pour the mixture in greased try . For more densed texture one can cook for more couple of minutes.
- Add dry fruits at this stage, if you are adding any. With the help of spatula or spoon, smoothen the top part.
- For Chocolate Ganache.. In a bowl take semi sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate. Add vanilla essence. In a pan heat heavy cream till it starts bubbling.
- Pour hot cream on chocolate and allow it seat undisturbed for 8-10 mins. With a spoon or spatula mix it nicely. Make sure this ganache is smooth.
- Pour Ganache on Carrot Burfi. Spread it evenly. Allow it to set for couple of hours. Or one can keep in refrigerator for 1-2 hrs.
- Cut in pieces and Enjoy. I used heart shape cookie cutter. One can store in air tight container . Enjoy this winter specialty of India.
- The recipe of carrot burfi is similar to the way gajar halwa is made. You can use any recipe of gajar halwa and make the barfi. You just need to cook more than what we cook for gajar halwa, so that the sugar cooks more and the barfi sets after cooling
- This is a quick recipe and does not take much time, apart from grating carrots. the recipe can also be doubled or tripled.
- One can just avoid chocolate ganache fusion and enjoy just Carrot Burfi alone. Add some Roasted Pistachio , Almonds and cashews.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love