Pulao or pulav is one of the most common rice dishes that is often made in most Indian homes. It is also the one most commonly on the menu for parties or celebrations served along with a yogurt raita. I used a pressure cooker to make this delicious pulao
This is the evergreen menu in my dinner.I add different vegetables every time.Some times with onions, sometimes without onions ,with mix vegetables ,with potatoes,peas and even beans.
The best thing about pulav is that is most pulav recipes, we add veggies so pulav are healthy and complete meal in itself .
I made it with available veggies.Our all time favorite dish.
My daughters enjoyed it with piri piri seasoning .
Here is the recipe will share with you….
1 cup basmati rice
2 tbsp ghee/ oil
Pinch of asafoetida
Whole Spices – 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 4 black pepper corns
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 small tomato
1 onion sliced
1 potato diced
1 carrot diced
1/2 capsicum diced
1/4 cup green peas
1/2 tsp ginger- chilli Paste
2 tsp Chana masala/pulav masala
1tsp red chilli powder(optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 cups hot water
Salt to taste
- Firstly rinse and then soak basmati rice in water for half an hour and then drain them.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker on slow flame.
- Add cumin seeds. let it become brown, then add bay leaf and asafoetida.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper corns, ginger-chilli paste and Sliced onion and finely chopped tomato and saute it.
- Add turmeric powder, chana masala. Add all vegetables like potato, capsicum, carrot, french beans, green peas and mix well.
- Add drained rice and saute until all rice coated with all spices.
- Add water, garam masala powder and salt and let it boil on medium flame.
- When water starts boiling, cover with lid. After 2 whistles, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Once the cooker is cooled, remove the lid and mix with the spoon. You can add dryfruits roasted in ghee for variety.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy mixed Vegetable Pulao is ready to eat with cucumber-tomato raita.
- For appropriate salt tasting ,taste the pulav water and add salt according to it.
- You can add any vegetables like cauliflower, green beans ,greenchana etc.
- You can serve it with kadi also .
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love