My Birthday special
MINI CHOCOLATE HEARTS/EGGLESS MINI CHOCOLATE CAKES
“Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories”.
It’s my birthday on 9th Feb.
I am busy with parties with family and friends.I am very crazy about My birthday and really excited too and would like to share my happiness with all of you.
February is a month of love and happiness too as it is my birthday month.
When I was baking this cake only one idea came to my mind a heart shape cake with red topping and it came out to be exactly the way I wanted it to be.
When you dream about some creation and outcome is as you think .you get more confidence to create such new things ..When I am posting and writing here I am smiling to think about my mini chocolate hearts ..
Me with my little hearts, I can’t control myself to take a picture with it.
oooo Valentines is coming you can make it for your love ..
Get set go and baking on.
All purpose flour (maida)1Cup
Milk powder 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar 1/2 Cup
Coco powder 1 tbl sp
Baking powder coated tsp
Baking soda 1/2tsp
coffee powder (heaped)1/8tsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Curd 1/4 cup
Water 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence 1/4 tsp
Whipped cream for decoration
small star nozal
Heart shape sprinkles.
White chocolate chips – ¼ cup
Heavy cream – ¼ cup(I used amul fresh cream)
red colour 2-3 drops (I used ameri red colour)
- Grease and Dust the cake tin….process of applying a thin layer of butter to the tin and then coat it with Maida is called grease and dust. This process ensure easy removal of cake.
- Take an square pan, apply butter all over the inside part of it, sprinkle Maida (I used the maida n coco mix) and rotate the pan as you rotate a steering wheel when you drive a car. Tap the pan on the back and dust off the excess floure
- Mix flour with baking powder, soda, coffee and coco powder and sieve it thrice.
One, by sieving thrice all ingredient will mix together nicely.
Two, sieving will incorporate air to the maida.
- Take a bowl, add soften butter and sugar, beat till light.
- Now add milk powder and curd beat thoroughly. Add essence.
Add Sieved flour (with baking powder and soda, coffee and coco) gradually with milk and water and fold the batter with the help of a spatula.
- Do not beat much at this point.Pour this batter into a greased cake tin and tap the pan twice on your kitchen counter to release air pockets.
- Preheat the oven at 180*, bake it for 30-35 minutes. To check, insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Take it out from the oven, let it cool for 8-10 minutes in the pan and then invert it on the wire rack for about one hour and let it cool completely.
GANACHE MAKING METHOD:
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces. Make sure the chopped pieces are all of the same size so that it will all melt at the same time.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan or a microwave until you see tiny bubbles appearing around the edges. If using microwave, as a general rule, keep for 30 seconds.
- Once you see the bubbles, remove from heat (otherwise the cream will bubble up and overflow) and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Submerge all the chocolate pieces and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, start mixing the chocolate and cream together. Add the butter. Keep mixing until it all comes together as a smooth mixture.
- If there are pieces that have not melted, put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds and mix again until it is smooth.
- Once cool, use it if using for glaze. Otherwise, cover it with a cling film and keep it refrigerated until it sets well and use as needed.
- If refrigerating, bring it to room temperature before using.
- When the cake is fully cooled cut it intk the shape of mini hearts with the help of a cookie cutter .
- Place the mini cakes on a wire rack Drizzle 2 tbsp of ganache or more so that cake is fully covered.
- Take some whipped cream in piping bag with small star nozal, make cakes border .
Put some heart shapes sprinkles on the sides.
Yipeeeeeeee my love is ready
Mini chocolate hearts are ready ..
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
5 thoughts on “MINI CHOCOLATE HEARTS/EGGLESS MINI CHOCOLATE CAKES”
Lovely mini cakes 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
lovely mini chocolate hearts
Lovely mini hearts…
LikeLiked by 1 person