Sharing an absolutely delicious, crumbly and crispy, melt in mouth semolina cookies recipe with specs of tutti frutti.
Semolina cookies are as light as feather and crumble very easily. The texture is so good, they melt in the mouth yet very crunchy. It was my wish from a long time to make these semolina cookies recipe at home. Last week I tried these tutti frutti semolina cookies recipe and it was the big hit.
Addition of tutti frutti is my idea of adding some special factor to this crumbly semolina cookies. Colorful tutti frutti makes the white cookies very attractive. You can even add finely chopped nuts, raisins or just make plain, melt in mouth rava cookies too.
This recipe can be doubled easily if you want to make a bigger batch! When these are baking, the smell of the cookies wafting through the oven will make you want to eat them all.
Recipe courtesy: Kaveri Obhan
PREP TIME 10 mins COOK TIME 20 mins TOTAL TIME 30 mins
1/2 cup (100 gm) butter, at room temperature
1cup (100 gm) All purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (100 gm) semolina/sooji (use fine and good quality semolina)
1/2 cup +2tbsp castor / confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom powder
1/2cup melted dark chocolate
some star-shaped sprinkles
1/4 cup tutti frutti
- Preheat oven at 160 C (320 F) for ten minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and semolina to the butter-sugar mixture and mix it together.
- Add the cardamom and mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Shape into small balls of approx 1 inch each. Place these dough balls on a parchment lined baking tray leaving enough space between. They will only spread a little.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool completely. They will still be soft but will turn crisp on cooling.
- When completely cool, deep in melted chocolate and decorate with some sprinkles.
NOTES:Semolina cookies keep well in an airtight box for up to a week.You can add nutmeg powder too in place of cardamom.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love