appy holi everybody!No festival is complete without sweets especially a cake. This holi I made a very colorful cake and used my favorite fruit strawberry in it.
Recipe For The Cake:
Eggless Vanilla cake
Malai 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Refined flour (maida) 2cup
Milk powder 1 cup
Baking soda a 3/4spoon
Baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Milk 1 cup
Vanilla essence (1/2 tsp)
lemon juice 1 tsp
1and 1/2tsp curd
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the malai and sugar lemon juice and curd in a bowl and whisk well.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve 2-3 times and keep aside.Add the milk and milk powder and maida mixture to the malai gradually and keep stirring.
- Gradually and alternatively finish the mixture and keep stirring.
The mixture should be of the pouring consistency.
- Now add the vanilla essence and lightly stir again once.
- Grease the cake mold and sprinkle little maida into it.
- Pour the batter into it and bake in a pre-heated cooker or oven for40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Place the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.INGREDIENTS REQUIRED FOR THE ASSEMBLY:Whipping Cream – 1 cup
black grapes 1/2 cup
blue, green,red,yellow, orange icing colors
For The Sugar Syrup:
Water- 1/4 cup
- Let them boil until sugar dissolves completely. Remove from flame and once cool, store in a bottle in the refrigerator.
- You can add any essence to flavor the syrup.
ASSEMBLING THE CAKE:
- Add a little bit of the whipped cream on a plate or cake board and place one cake on it.
- With the help of a brush apply the soaking syrup on the cake. The moistness of the final cake will depend on the soaking syrup as the cake will be refrigerated. So apply it generously.
- Slice the cake into 2 halves
- Drizzle generous amounts of the simple syrup and let the cake soak it up.
- Add whipped cream with an offset spatula and spread it evenly.
- Place the other half on top.
- You can refrigerate the cake in between layers to make the frosting work easy.
- Drizzle again with syrup.
- Now apply the cream on all sides of the cake and with the help of a spatula make it even.
- Slice the strawberries into thin slices and arrange them on the cake.
- Cut grapes into halves and place them on the sides of the cake.You can also use them as pollens in between the strawberry flower.
- Put some whipped cream in bowls and add different colors.
- Make a border of colored whipped cream.yipe Eee EEE your cake is ready
Serve it chilled.